Thursday, September 2, 2010

They aren't babies anymore

Austen came home from his first day of school. I was really anxious about what he was going to say. I was so happy to hear him say " it was awesome mom"! WHEW!!
Memories of my first days in jr high, 6th grade have been assaulting me all day, and they really are not the best memories. I was a very socially awkward  kid, and yes we all are to some extent but really. I was pretty bad!! I just never did (and still struggle now) know how to get along socially with people.  I think that is alot of why I used drugs and drank so much. To alter myself and feel comfortable.
We went to Desirae's Kindergarten parent conference today. I have so many anxieties with my kids and school!! I need to chill out!! I just hope Desi dosent assault someone, she can be so damn dramatic!!! I dont worry about her socially as much as I worry about her respecting her teachers and other class mates.
Sterling has this last year then he joins the ranks of Public School, I wonder what stressors he will add for me? LOL!!
I adore my kids and I know with each day I will calm down as we all get in the groove of a schedule. I am very excited for us all to have a fantastic year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment